Thursday 9 October 2008

The Coming Of...

Jesus?
El diablo?
Plain old gorgeous Chris?

You decide. I am come.

And on that note, I will write a rambling dirge...

The fight beween good and evil (see above) in the brain is one of our most human facets, and yet one, I can tell you, I could happily do without the majority of the time. Confusion. I don't like it.

Seems to be a pretty integral thing to life in Excaliber Cottage right now though... We're all at a crossroads. Decision time. One thing, or the other. We've had our time in the sun (Uni), and although life can still continue to be fun (of course!), there is one major wall in the way - money. And money means job, or something... anything. Busking?! Prostitution?! Maybe.

Big words like CAREER and SALARY, seem to dominate the mind, or at least phrases like 'Plan for the future' and so on.

I do not profess that I have any idea at all though. Far from it. In fact I am firmly burying my head in the sand. Imitate the ostritch. Become one with that sand and that salty, gritty taste of sweet, sweet denial. Myself and the silent member of our band of five (we shall call her Miss X for short), run a silly venture. A record label, or rather the 'Black Hole of Finance' as I prefer to refer to it in the jumbled mess I call my thoughts. Maybe it will do OK, maybe not. Probably the latter if we're being honest. The music industry is not friendly, and even when it is, it seldom comes hand in hand with good account sheets.

Relationships can feel the strain. Ours has. Not just over SD, but over the time in the house, and the changes as people we have... Endured (?)... Enjoyed (?). I don't know. The great thing is that myself and the misses are stronger than ever now. And the house for me, feels a little more contented than it has for a long time, if not a little subdued and with a distinct lack of 'omphf'.

The fact that we are older is inexcusable. We are only in our early 20's. However, our devious little friend called money is probably mostly to blame for the collective drop in action and general excitement. But overall, it's much better now.

...And all this without any dreaded pills on the misses part for the past month or so. Except I'm on them now. Figures.

p.s. Apologies for light heartedness being replaced by cold, harsh misery. El diablo strikes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment