Wednesday 11 March 2009

food what i like

1) Roast Lamb and Potatoes. Had this on Xmas eve. Fucking hell, it was amazing, the potatoes was the best anyone has ever cooked, EVER. Really crispy after being roasted with the lamb but fluffly and soft inside, all lamby and salty too. Would actually kill to eat this meal again. MMM. *dribble*

2) Macaroni Cheese. Used to be my favourite of all time but it's still up there. Cheese/pasta combos are always good, e.g. carbonara, mmm, and lasagne mmmm. [God I love lasagne, for some reason i especially like the cheap microwavable kind that cost about a quid.] In fact, insert all cheese, pasta type dishes here also, they're always good. My cheesy mushroom pasta is always amazing despite Michael being moaning. I like cheese. Anyway, macaroni cheese - crispy top, creamy inside - yes. 

3) Oxtail Stew. It's a Filipino thing, you wouldn't understand. My dad usually makes it when i come back home. It's in a peanut butter sauce and the oxtail is always really tender and just falls off the bone and yum. lots of sauce, rice and vegetables. yes.

4) Sushi. More specifically Yo Sushi! mmm. Pumpkin Kerroke, Salmon skin handroll, chicken katsu curry, salmon terriaki, chicken terriaki, unlimited miso, etc. I could very easily eat there everyday.  Very easily the restaurant i've been to the most. Would go back again.

5) Chicken. Grilled, fried, roasted, souped. all good. definitely better off in my tummy. 

6) Things to do with mince meat: Shepherds Pie. Chili con Carne. Spaghetti Bolognaise. All good. 

7) Pizza. Obvious, but still when it's good it can be - good. As i've said on many occasions it's all about the tomato sauce for me, i don't usually care how cheesy as long it's got a lot of rich tomato sauce it's good. Lot's of cheese as well, is an extra bonus. I don't care very much for the actual Italian shit you get in restaurants, that's really thin, floury and hard to bite into. I like me a deep pan please, lots of sauce, cheese dripping off, mebbe a bit of pepperoni, mushrooms yeeah.

8) Curry. Creamy Indian ones are good e.g. a chicken pasanda, also really like chinese style ones and thai green of course and also my mother's homemade chicken one with lots of coconut milk and mixed vegetables. mmm. Not too spicy but a little kick is good. 

9) Stuff my mother cooks me when i'm hungry and whiney. Spanish tortilla - basically a big crispy potato omlette served with shit loads of ketchup, yum. Spring rolls and rice - a classic. 

10) Italian starters. Big sharing dishes full of warm ciabatta and olive oil, olives, good, big sun-dried tomatos, mozarella, cold italian meats. mmmmmmmmm. best part of the meal. 



THANK-YOU


2 comments:

  1. Poor Chazzle, no comments...

    Well I thought it was good anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unappreciated in my own time.
    noone understands me :(

    ReplyDelete